July 12, 2011Even though we should have kept ourselves quarantined all day today - after Cole puking and having the squirts since Friday and then Pearl waking up last night barfing - we all needed to get out of the house this evening! To quote Jeff, who stayed home with me today to help take care of the kiddos, "I can't stay home another day!" Besides, Jeff gave Pearl a blessing after she threw up a few times last night (um, hello! Why didn't we think of this for Cole sooner?) and she woke up happy as could be, ready for Church Softball Night. She loves, loves, loves Tuesday nights because that means a special date with Daddy to watch him play softball. What I really think she gets excited about though are the free hot dogs and nachos. So she packed up her baseball glove, ready to gorge herself on the free food, and give an occasion cheer - or in my case, a heckle - for her Dad. I don't think she was too thrilled that Cole and I spontaneously joined them... Cole practically climbed in the car himself out of fear he was getting left behind.
Oh, and Daryl Strawberry went with us too.
Daryl's been a part of Jeff's live for many years. Not only does Jeff tell Pearl he IS Daryl Strawberry because he is so awesome at baseball, but Daryl even helps out with spiritual matters in our home. He accompanied Jeff to a church talk when we were dating, where Jeff had made a scale replica of the Logan Temple, Daryl serving as surrogate for the Angel Moroni. A few years later the First Presidency came down with this request that folks NOT use any sort of prop or object lesson in Sacrament meeting. Purely coincidental I'm sure.
1 comment:
Tell J thanks for ruining it for the rest of us!
Post a Comment