July 17, 2011

Party hat

July 17, 2011
We went over to Trevin's 1st birthday party this afternoon. We love our neighbors. It's easy when there are only two of them and they are both wonderful! You hear about David and Vickie all the time but I hardly ever talk about the Kennard's on the other side of us. They're great too. Three boys, spanning the ages of 363 days to 15. And yes, they were all planned... or so Greg and Tiff tell us! They've gone through their fair share of medical disasters and financial/job hardships since we've known them and yet, they are always so positive and giving to use. Tiff is a super woman. Seriously, she should have a cape of gold attached to her with all the flying around she does... the woman has more energy or needs less sleep than anyone I know.

But back to the party. With Tiff in charge, I knew I was off the hook for dinner because she'd prepare enough food to feed an army. Which she did. There were loads of presents, cake and ice cream, and about a bazillion little cousins running all over the place. We took home party hats, balloons, and ring pops, which Pearl was thrilled about. That kid loves any excuse to have a party! I felt bad because we went over empty-handed, like always. No gift. No food. Nothing but two hungry kids. But in my defense, Greg did forgot to tell us until a few hours before the party started... that's how we roll around here (it goes both ways). Tiff always has a gift for our birthdays and remembers them too. Heck, the only way I remember when it's one of their birthdays is if it's in the ward bulletin at church! I seriously wonder how we were so blessed to have the neighbors we do, considering how little we must give back to them. But I think I've redeemed ourselves for awhile anyway. Just before the presents, Tiff's camera went ka-put and no one had a spare. So I ran home and took pictures for the rest of the evening. Hopefully it makes up even a little for all the friendship they give to us.

No comments: