July 28, 2011Today was Cole's last day with Ms. Nora.
I am so, so, so sad.
Not only does it mean I can't keep denying the fact that Cole isn't a baby anymore, but it means he won't have the most wonderful, caring, and loving caregiver to watch over him. And, I'll now have to deal with him clinging to my legs and screaming when I leave him in the toddler room at daycare.
Cole absolute loves Ms. Nora. He runs over to her each morning to give her loves. Unlike Pearl, he's only cried a couple of times when I've left him and I credit all of this to Ms. Nora. Ms. Nora has been at our daycare for almost 20 years and has practically raised everyone's kids in the building. Not only that, but she's taught all the first time moms how to really be a mom... when that cough really should be seen by a doctor, help with breastfeeding, encouragement with discipline issues, and so much more. She's been my friend, confidant, and second mom/third grandma to Cole.
There's something to be said for a person who dedicates their whole day to loving, teaching, and caring for our precious babies. She can't be replaced, ever.
Thank you, Ms. Nora.
2 comments:
I bet Cole still loves you best, though! :)
Wow, already in the toddler room. He'll be good as long as he doesn't steal Iris' baby doll! I agree completely about Nora. She is amazing at what she does and at giving working Moms peace of mind that their babies are in good hands.
Post a Comment