July 10, 2011

Spontaneous

July 6, 2011
I'm not very spontaneous.

For example, we live right across the street from the city's pool. Every day Pearl looks out the window and gasps in excitement because the pool is finally open. You'd think I could lug the two dwarfs across the street for a spontaneous afternoon of splashing, cooling down, and water fun, but nope. Even more pathetic, we bought a 25 punch pass just for spontaneous swimming adventures this summer.

Well, today as we turned the corner to head home, Pearl's excited squeals got to me. I was tired of being a boring, un-spontaneous, mom. I don't even have to tell you Pearl's reaction when I asked her if she wanted to go to the pool when we got home. She ran through the house squealing, "YEAHHHHH!!!! We're going to the pool!!!!" It was a fun couple of hours trying to keep one eye on Pearl in the midst of hundreds of other kids and the other eye on Cole who kept climbing out of his floatie because he's a big boy now.

I just might try this spontaneous thing again. Minus the two starving kids when we got home and rush to get dinner cooked while standing in the kitchen in my wet swimming suit. And forgetting the camera, hence an old picture of Cole refusing to share his Popsicle after a splash in the pool a few weeks ago.

No comments: