July 6, 2011

Public beach

July 3, 2011
Bear Lake is high. And I mean really high.

The last time I remember the beach disappearing was about 11 years ago. Back in the glory years with a tight, in-shape body who bathed in the sun every week on my day off. A tad too much sun I'm afraid. That and the mistake of dumping baby oil all over my pasty white stomach to see if it really would burn. Yeah, for a good two years after that burn, every time I had a hot shower you could see my swimming suit lines. Oops.

Anyway... back to the beach.

Pearl really wanted to play on the sand. Well, seeing as how there is no beach this year, we decided to try the public beach.

Let's just say we quickly realized we'd keep our trailer trash accommodations for the luxury of having our own private beach any day. I'm sure everyone around us thought we were crazy when we got out of the cars and just stood there with dumbfounded looks on our faces. There were a gazillion people everywhere. Definitely not something we are used to. Plus, we felt like we had to stay until the kids were starving just to make our $16 entrance fee worth it.

But the kids had fun. Jeff buried Pearl alive, Cole covered himself in sand, and Ruby had fun splashing in the mucky, weedy, gross water (since the lake is so high, it's covering all the willows and reeds now). And in the end, if the kids have a good time that's all that really matters.

1 comment:

Kami said...

I love Bear Lake! Wish I had more opportunities to get up there. I need me a raspberry shake, baby!