November 6, 2011

All about me

November 3, 2011
Cole had to bring a poster all about him to school. It's part of some grant the daycare received so I had to comply... I'm a sucker for helping anyone if it's a grant requirement. I put off the assignment for a couple of weeks though. My computer was dead. Our printer out of ink. And we had to go out of town twice for funerals. Plus, I'm lazy sometimes when it comes to item number 347 on the to-do list.

Feeling more than guilty about not having a poster finished, I printed a handful of pictures, found some scraps of colored paper, and a random marker. Luckily, Cole doesn't care that I lack in the creativity/fancy handwriting department. I put some pictures of what Cole likes to do (go 4 wheeling, go to the park, play ball, and go to Bear Lake as well as some of the things he likes to eat (bananas, applesauce, ice cream, yogurt, and Goldfish crackers). I also thought it would be fun to put a few pictures of our family and Pearl on there.

I was wrong about the picture of Pearl. When she saw the poster she threw a hellatious fit! She screamed at me over and over that she didn't want to be on Cole's poster! I tried to tell her that Cole wanted a picture of his favorite sister on there but Pearl wasn't buying it. At one point I caught her trying to rip the picture of herself off of the poster. I was fuming. I figured she'd have been all over helping me with the assignment in the first place and absolutely crushed if the poster didn't have anything with her on it.

I can't wait for her to get assigned an all-about-me poster. 'Cause Jeff will be doing that project!

No comments: