October 15, 2011For the past four years, I've had the honor and privilege of telling the stories of teens killed on Utah's roads. It's an emotionally exhausting project, yet incredibly amazing to work with the courageous families who let us play small part in their healing. The stories are heartbreaking. And I never forget the faces of each of the teens in the books. Never. When I catch myself distracted or speeding, I think of Keifer, Shelby, Jake, and Gracie. I think of Vanessa's dad who spoke at our press conference this year. Of Erica, Xander's parents, and all the families who shared the painful story of losing their teen. It's a book that everyone should read. A reminder of the devastation that could happen when we drive stupid.
1 comment:
I don't know how you do it but you do a dang good job at putting these books together and working with the families. You should really be proud of your work!
Post a Comment