I finally got around to going to the eye doctor for a check up. Hence the nice glasses because my eyes are dilated. It's only been two years. I figured my luck was about to run out with just a single, spare contact lens left and two very old contacts with slight tears in them irritating my eyes. My eyes hadn't changed for so long that I just forget to schedule my yearly exam. Plus, trying to read those eye charts reminds me of a traumatizing day in kindergarten when the school had everyone line up in the gym for eye exams. I remember the parent volunteers - including my mom - telling me to read the chart. The problem was I didn't know what they were talking about. Everyone figured I was just nervous and confused, but I literally couldn't see the chart. I was one of those kids with geeky, thick glasses for the next 8 years until I was finally able to talk my parents into letting me get contacts. Contacts probably didn't help the geeky part but I do remember how thrilling it was to walk out of the eye doctor's office and look towards the mountain and see actual trees and leaves everywhere instead of blobs of color.
November 4, 2011
Dilated
I finally got around to going to the eye doctor for a check up. Hence the nice glasses because my eyes are dilated. It's only been two years. I figured my luck was about to run out with just a single, spare contact lens left and two very old contacts with slight tears in them irritating my eyes. My eyes hadn't changed for so long that I just forget to schedule my yearly exam. Plus, trying to read those eye charts reminds me of a traumatizing day in kindergarten when the school had everyone line up in the gym for eye exams. I remember the parent volunteers - including my mom - telling me to read the chart. The problem was I didn't know what they were talking about. Everyone figured I was just nervous and confused, but I literally couldn't see the chart. I was one of those kids with geeky, thick glasses for the next 8 years until I was finally able to talk my parents into letting me get contacts. Contacts probably didn't help the geeky part but I do remember how thrilling it was to walk out of the eye doctor's office and look towards the mountain and see actual trees and leaves everywhere instead of blobs of color.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment