November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving Feast

November 16, 2011
Today was the daycare's annual Thanksgiving Feast, where the parents are invited to come and eat lunch with the kids. The kids love it! And the parents love it because the kids love it. Cole was already pigging out on the vegetables and applesauce when I got downstairs. He was super excited to see "Mama!" He must have been hungry because he proceeded to eat all of my lunch and half of Pearl's potatoes. Pearl was having fun until she realized both Jeff and I had to go back to work after the feast. Cole too. I took Cole to his class where he screamed his banshee squeals as his teachers tried to get him down for a nap. Then Pearl started in on the screaming and crying because she missed her Dad and wanted to go home with him. I ended up staying with her for an hour while the rest of the kids who were parent-less ate their lunch. Then had to hand her over in tears to her teacher, Ms. Penny. I felt bad we couldn't just start our Thanksgiving weekend right then and there.

No comments: