November 27, 2011

We're goin' bowling!

November 26, 2011
Today was the USU football team's last home game of the season. Senior day. A chance to redeem their heartbreaking start to the season with more than a few last second losses (um... BYU you still suck).
A time to beat Nevada, whom they haven't won at home since 1950. 1950 people! And chance to go to a bowl game with a win. Oh, and I was there! I mean, I'm not about to go sit and freeze my butt off at Romney Stadium in November but this game had the potential to be epic.

No pressure.

And epic it was! The Aggies "nutted it up" as I like to term it, and pulled out a win in the last minutes of the game. It was awesome to see how excited the players were! I hate to even admit I said this.... and I'm sure Jeff will die from embarrassment if he reads this, but my exact thoughts as I was watching our team jumping up and down, slapping each others' rear ends, and hugging on the field, was "that's so cute." I know. I'm not much of a football gal. But I did feel the urge to yell profanity at and taunt Nevada's players earlier in the game. I just don't know enough about the game to make educated chants without looking like a complete fool. So instead, I happily joined in the cheering when we won.

No comments: