November 27, 2011

I'm not thankful for anything

November 25, 2011
Each year we write down things we are grateful for on leaves and then stick them on our Blessing Tree. I'm hoping it will teach my kids to appreciate all the blessings we have. And lessen the wailing when I tell them we're making a D.I. run. Some nights we struggled to think of anything to write down and then other nights we'd come up with a whole bunch of ideas. One night, when Pearl was feeling particularly sassy (I admit I didn't help her mood out by squawking at her over everything), she told me, "I'm not thankful for anything!" with this smug little look on her face. Needless to say, that was one of those days that no leaves made it on the tree.

Here's our list for 2011.
  • Days offLink
  • Leaves to jump in
  • Husband who makes me laugh
  • Thanksgiving dinner
  • Easter Bunny
  • Dry house
  • Family home evening
  • School
  • Happy and healthy kids
  • Thanksgiving
  • Santa Claus (I think all major holidays are covered now... at least our family favorites)
  • Clean clothes
  • Scripture "power" (aka, family scripture study)
  • New dress up clothes at school
  • Family (Kimmy wrote down this one)
  • Turkeys
  • Books and learning how to read
  • Mom
  • Laying down
  • Coworkers who listen and make me laugh
  • Butterflies
  • New laptop
  • No cavities
  • Good jobs
  • Aggies
  • Husband who will watch the kids so I can go out
  • "Today, not much" after Jeff had spent one too many days with two clingy children
  • Friends
  • A safe trip home
  • Family pictures
  • The best neighbors in the world (thanks David and Vickie for bringing us Chinese take-out so I didn't have to cook!)
  • Dad

No comments: