November 6, 2011

Halloween take-down

November 2, 2011
Pearl was getting ancy about not having our Thanksgiving decorations up yet, but only because we've told her a zillion and one times that Christmas won't come until after Thanksgiving. So we pulled out the Halloween bin and I gave her one simple assignment....to go around the house collecting all the decorations. Her enthusiasm waned fairly quick when she figured out work was involved. That, and we still weren't going to give in to her pleadings to watch Christmas movies even if the Thanksgiving decorations were up tonight.

My enthusiasm for creating a bigger mess in the living room that what was there already must have also been waning. Every time I closed the bin certain that all the decorations were in there, someone would find something else I'd missed. First it was the lights outside. Then Mr. Bones. Then the kids' light things for trick-or-treating. Then a stray pumpkin. Then the window clings in Pearl's room. And finally, the thing hanging on the front door.

I'm pretty sure come Christmas I'll still be finding stray decorations (and we only have a single bin of them)!

No comments: