November 4, 2011

New place

October 22, 2011
My brother and sister-in-law bought a new townhouse and I was finally able to get over there and see the new place. It's kind of weird having to actually drive over to their house instead of just calling when we get to my parents and having them walk over.

To say I was jealous of all the square footage that is double our house, two car garage, basement, two finished bathrooms, and a closet the size of Cole's room is an understatement. I was very jealous. But very, very happy for them. Being a homeowner is a ton of work, filled with unexpected repairs and adventures but it is so fulfilling too. It's great to have something that is your own. Something that you know you are working hard for. And being able to paint the walls any color you want doesn't hurt either.

So a big congratulations to Jesse, Emily, and Ruby!

No comments: