November 3, 2011

Golden fall

October 18, 2011
I was absolutely mesmerized by all the gold and yellow leaves as we drove to Price for my Uncle Paul's funeral. It was totally unexpected to me because we were in "coal" country. Seeing the bright yellow colors next to the rocks and landscape wasn't something I had expected to see. I mean, I know Price isn't that far from the Wasatch Front but I kind of think of it as the desert and sagebrush-y, not covered in gorgeous fall colors. On the way home, Jeff suggested we take Skyline Drive. Had we been there even a week earlier, we would have seen the peak of fall's beauty. But no matter because we still saw patches of quakes in breathtaking, bright yellow. I couldn't get enough of it. Fall 2011 has been one to remember with all the stunning reds, yellows, oranges, browns, and greens.

1 comment:

Fondario Family said...

I agree! When we went down to Bryce and Zions, it was beautiful!