November 15, 2011

3 stars

November 10, 2011
When I picked Pearl up from school today, I was bombarded by the teachers asking if I'd noticed that Pearl had kept all three of her stars today. I wasn't really shocked because she has yet to loose a single star this school year for bad behavior or not listening. Well, apparently it was big news today because Pearl was the only kid to keep all three of their stars. When I asked Pearl what everyone else had done to lose their stars, she said they all got a star taken away by Ms. Penny at the same time. No one wanted to clean up or listen and Ms. Penny had had it so she stripped them all of one star. Pearl just happened to be practicing her reading with Ms. Penny when the rebellion was going on, which Jeff pointed out was probably what saved her from losing a star because we know first hand that when it comes to being told to clean up, Pearl can be a bit hard of hearing. At least at home.

As a reward for being the only kid to keep her stars, Pearl was able to play in any center she wanted while everyone else had to "have a nap" (according to Pearl). I was really proud of her and told her to remember how good she felt for making the right choice. Hopefully she remembers this feeling and how good she felt the next time I try to get her to clean up.

2 comments:

Kami said...

Woo hoo! Hopefully she's moved on from her biting phase. :)

Fondario Family said...

Yay Pearl! At one point, Bella and
Lia thought it was funny to lose a star. I'm glad they grew out of that.