November 4, 2011

Aggie chair

October 25, 2011
My Grandpa Jewkes made Pearl this little puzzle chair for Easter. It's really neat because all the pieces come apart, just like a puzzle. And it has this cute little peg in the back that holds everything together. The only problem with this gift was he gave it to her on Cole's birthday so Fern figured it was for him. He has completely taken over it and squeals, bites, and scratches his way to it when Pearl decides it's her turn to sit on it.

Jeff decided to paint it Aggie Blue and Fighting White. At first I was a bit apprehensive about his painting plans but after watching him spend hours in the garage for an entire week getting it just right, I love it. Every day we'd walk past it as we went in and out of the house, Cole would point and babble. The night Jeff finished it and brought it back inside, Cole ran right over to it and rocked and rocked and rocked with a big smile on his face. The colors makes all the puzzle pieces pop and I can't get over how adorable it looks! We even found a vinyl "A" to complete the Aggie chair look. I'm thinking we need to get Grandpa to make a whole bunch of them so we can paint and sell them at the football tailgating parties.

Thanks Grandpa! And go Aggies!

1 comment:

Fondario Family said...

Maybe you can sell them on Etsy and make big bucks like Teresa!