November 16, 2011

Clean bill of health

November 14, 2011
Pearl had a dentist appointment today. Which up until we found her a new Pediatric dentist last year, was the single most dreadful event of the year. She screamed. She thrashed. She practically bit off the fingers of our last dentist.

But now she's a big girl who was actually jealous when it was my turn to go a few weeks ago. She jumped and shouted for joy when I told her she had a dentist appointment today. Every 15 minutes all day long, she'd ask if it was finally 3 o'clock yet so we could go. Maybe it's the Barbie toothbrush, stickers, and pencil that has caused the sudden turnaround. Or the toys and video games. But no matter what the cause of Pearl's recent excitement about getting her teeth cleaned, I'm just grateful and relieved that I can send her back to the exam room by herself without the meltdown from Hell.

Oh, and the cavity free, pearly white smile.

1 comment:

Fondario Family said...

Oh, I dread taking my kids to the dentist. They usually do well so I don't know what my deal is. Maybe it's because I hate going myself. Way to go Pearl!