November 4, 2011

Nursery

October 23, 2011
A friend at work, who happens to be Catholic and on "sabbatical" from one-hour-a-week services until her three kids are bigger, was telling me how much she admired us for dragging our kids to church every week. All three hours of it.

I laughed.

I told her most weeks, we left feeling less spiritual than before we went and questioning whether it really is worth all the fighting, tears, and frustration. But, like my friend, we both feel a strong urgency to teach our kids about Heavenly Father so we keep going.

Today, this battle just got easier. As I was explaining to my friend, nursery is the key to all sanity... er, spiritual growth for us LDS folks. I told her she really needs to get her congregation to implement nursery and then she'd be much more likely to go to church every week. Nursery is heaven-sent! Jeff took Cole up to nursery a couple of weeks early for a "trial run" and he stayed the entire time. It was glorious. I'd nearly forgotten how wonderful church could be without a bored, hungry, and tired 18-month-old.

We just might make it after all.

1 comment:

Fondario Family said...

And because of your example, we might make it back to Church too! You are awesome Jenny ;)